Thursday, December 4, 2008

December Stamp of the Month

That festive time is looming once again and I had pretty much decided not to have a Stamp of the Month because everyone gets very busy around this time of the year. I changed my mind after discovering this set of stamps from Personal Impressions.
The Christmas set might cause you to think I've gone a little bonkers (was already), however it's a set of 7 stamps that's working out at a very economical €6.55 (including the 15% discount). The images are great and very, very, very good for those last minute cards, or for the kiddies to have a play with.

My cards this month reflect the 'quick card' ethos I've just mentioned, but remember the set is only available at the above price for this month or while stocks last.

The three tags have been stamped with Versamark first with the smaller snowflake and tinted with blue and green chalks. Next I stamped the larger snowflake using a Brilliance Trio ink pad. Brads are fixed to the centre of each large snowflake. I stamped the Merry Christmas greeting using the Brilliance ink pad again and embellished the card further with white Liquid Pearls.


This one is really a bit of a cheat, as you can see the holly sprig is in the corner. I didn't have time to make the card I wanted to, which is a Christmas Pudding, complete with Brandy Sauce and my holly sprig on top.



This time I've stamped the Christmas Bauble on light blue Mirri Card with Versamark and embossed them with fine detail white. I trimmed round them cutting of the loop at the top, fixed thin ribbon to the back of each and fixed them with silicone glue to create a raised affect. The papers are from the Snowy Jo Collection as is the Merry Christmas rub-on, a bow tidies up the ends.


The Snowman is stamped in blue Versafine ink and coloured in with Marvy le Plume markers, he's mounted with 3d foam onto a background of Versamarked small snowflakes which the camera hasn't picked up. The Merry Christmas greeting was also stamped with Versafine ink.

Snowman again, this time I've stamped him with black Stayz-on and shaded him with colouring pencils. The wall is created in the same way, the stamp was part of the farmyard set we had a few months ago. The background paper is another of the Snowy Jo ones and I've used Stickles glitter glue to embellish.

Hope you like them.

xxx

No comments: