Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Doodlebug Crushed Velvet Flock

Having been a little skeptical about this product I set aside a good day and a half to play with them. Having tried several methods I think the best results seem to be achieved when using double-sided sheet adhesive on top of card of a similar colour to the flock you are using.
On this card the I've used the flock around the edge of the Fancy Pants Splendid ATC size cat image. Unfortunately, the photograph doesn't clearly show how the flock looks. To apply the flock I coloured the edges roughly with a glue pen, before sprinkling on the Crushed Velvet, which I then pressed on to ensure even coverage. The paper is another of the Fancy Pants range, brad and ric-rac add design elements.


On this card I painted a chipboard D using the Adirondack Acrylic Dabber in a bright cerise which is similar to the pink flock. Whilst the paint was wet i sprinkled and then pressed the Crushed Velvet Flock onto the chipboard. Behind the 'd' I've attached one of the Fancy Pants Transparencies with a brad, my favourite spotty ribbon makes yet another appearance and I've used co-ordinating black cardstock and cerise pearlescent card. The coverage is good, I quite like the distressed look, as did Dina as this card was for her.



On this and the doggy card I used the double-sided sheet adhesive method for applying the flock. The stamp is a previous stamp of the month, dotty/Mirri cardstock and self-adhesive silver ribbon finish off the card.

For this card I applied the double-sided adhesive to brown cardstock before cutting out the doggy with the Big Shot. I then applied the Flock by rubbing it into the shape. A red cardstock collar and black gem help to make him friendlier. The brown card has been distressed using a dye ink pad and the doggy has been layered onto gingham, white and green card. Happy Birthday is stamped with a Versafine inkpad

The Crushed Velvet Flock produces an image that looks good is very tactile. Children in particular will probably appreciate a card made using it.

xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: