Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 2009 Stamp of the Month

Stamp of the month is back after it's January break. I've gone for a heart for February (can't think why??) , but as per usual it's not just any heart. There is 15% off the marked price for the rest of the month, whilst stocks last.

The Patchwork Heart stamp from Funstamps will work really well for almost any occasion. Without meaning to I've ended up heat embossing on three of my four cards.

On the first the heart has been embossed with fine detail black powder and mounted onto glitter card with 3d foam to raise it. The U is a Basic Grey chipboard letter painted black with the Adirondack Acrylic Dabber. I used clear embossing powder over the black and stuck gems down the side using Didi Glue Dots. My favourite dotty ribbon and black ric-rac are stapled to keep the card contemporary.

On this one I wanted to play with the idea of a 'white' card which could be used as a wedding invitation or wedding/engagement congrats card. When I embossed the heart on the vellum the paper buckled and pulled, instead I cut out the embossed heart and used vellum adhesive to adhere the heart to the front of the vellum wrap. You would be hard pressed to realise the heart is a separate piece. The square of white card underneath the vellum just helps to highlight the heart, whilst the self-adhesive pearls cover the Diddi Glue Dots that I've used to stop the vellum flapping around.




My dangling heart has been embossed with Super Sparkle Silver powder on pale pink card which I've mounted onto punched pearlescent hearts, between which I've sandwiched a piece of ribbon for it to dangle in the aperture. The bright handmade paper on the outside and the paler one on the inside are both from the 1lb of paper packs. Finished off with a snipped frame and a heart gem.

Last but not least - colouring pencils, one of my favourite techniques and Kraft Card another of my favs. The hearts have been stamped using the Sepia Versafine inkpad and I've punched them out using the largest Woodware punch. Having shaded each heart I decided to trim one and mount it, using 3d foam on to a piece of Kraft card. The beads are stitched around the heart using a co-ordinating green Alcazar Metallic Thread.

Hope you approve.

xxxxxxx

1 comment:

Caroline and Jayne said...

love all the different looks x